Cantamici’s first European tour took place in the year 2000 when we were privileged to sing in Chartres Cathedral and Notre Dame, Paris. Since then the choir has arranged biennial tours, both at home and abroad including:
- Dublin, where musical venues ranged from the ruins of Glendalough to a shopping centre;
- As guest choir at Harwich’s celebrations of the 400th anniversary of the granting of its Royal Charter;
- Poland - joining other choirs in the Lublin International Festival of Choral Music, and singing in the beautiful church of St Mark, Krakow;
- A memorable tour to Massa Marittima, Italy, where the highlight was a joint concert with a local choir in Massa Cathedral;
- Closer to home, a singing weekend at Belchamp St Paul, in the lovely Stour Valley, Essex;
- A trip to the West Country, with a concert in Wells Cathedral;
- A very successful visit to Shipley, Leeds and Bradford during Easter week 2012 when we combined with the Aire Valley Singers to give a joint concert on the 14th April;
- Taking advantage of links made through Leicester City Council's European Twinning Association, we spent a most enjoyable five days in the Haskovo area in late May 2014. There we combined forces with our host choir, Rodna Pesen, to give a joint concert celebrating Rodna Pesen's 85th anniversary and at the end of our visit, participated in the 8th International Festival 'Harmonia' in adjacent town Harmanli. Between those appearances, we sang in Uzundjovo church (which was originally a mosque). Hear our concert via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n30MwkvyrQ&feature=youtu.be .
- In 2016, Cantamici enjoyed a mainly sunny tour to Mellieha, Malta with concerts in Gozo, Mellieha and Valetta.